Health Insurance Marketplace: Open enrollment begins on October 1, 2013.
- HealthCare.gov – Go here to sign up for an account, and after October 1, get information about plans in your area and enroll in a health plan.
Need more information?
- K-State Extension Office Fact Sheets: – Information about the Marketplace in Kansas
- insureKS.org: The KS Insurance Department contains an animated tutorial and a premium estimator that consumers can use to see how much they can expect to pay for coverage and what they may qualify for in federal subsidies
- Get Ready to Enroll in the Marketplace: Fact sheet on what you can do to get started
- Things to Think About When Choosing a Health Plan: Basic fact sheet
Reading Lists for Schools:
- http://src.scholastic.com/ecatalog – Enter title in “Quick Find By” box to see if a book is Reading Counts, points, lexile, reading level. For Guthridge, Lincoln, Garfield schools.
- http://www.google.com – Enter “Accelerated Reader” in Search box.
- Labette County Clerk’s Office – sample ballots, polling locations
- KS Secretary of State – info about voting eligibility, registration, advance voting (including application for Advance Ballot)
- KU Institute for Policy & Social Research – find out which district, ward, & precinct you’re in, and info about your district elected officials
Other Government Links:
- Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services (SRS)
- Kansas Legal Services (includes free legal services and forms)
- Kansas Unemployment Claims
- Unemployment Claims in Other States
- Social Security online services (includes Medicare)
Links for Readers:
- Morton Grove Public Library Webrary (links to websites for book lovers)
- Kent District Library What’s Next (list of serials and sequels)
- Fantastic Fiction (use to find series, authors, and new releases)
- Alibris (rare and out-of-print books)